Search results for ‘chance’
English to Chinese Dictionary (1-3 of 3)
to chance it (risk) 碰碰运气
to chance to do sth 碰巧做某事
- 《偶然的事》，约瑟夫·康拉德（Joseph Conrad）著
Macmillan Dictionary - Simpler Definitions (1-3 of 3)
- 1. to do something even though you know it involves a risk
- 2. to do something in a way that is not planned
- 1. an opportunity for you to do something, especially something that you want to do
- 2. the possibility that something will happen
- 3. the way things happen without being planned or expected
Examples (1-5 of 234)
His chance of winning has as much chance as a snowflake in hell.
In the still vibrant waters between Alaska and Siberia, humanity has another chance-perhaps the last chance-to prove it can take care of a crucial marine ecosystem.
Think carefully, it's your last chance!
It would be to his advantage to accept that job. It's a great chance to become someone.
I'll strongly advise Eric to apply for that job, it's a wonderful chance for him.
Got an idea?
Your Vocab List
Click on a word and see its
page to automatically store
it in your vocab list
- Follow nciku on