Search results for ‘clean’
English to Chinese Dictionary (1-1 of 1)
(in habits) 爱清洁的
(not offensive) 纯净的
he clean forgot 他忘得一干二净
to give sth a clean 把某物清理干净
Macmillan Dictionary - Simpler Definitions (1-3 of 3)
- used for emphasizing that something happens completely
- 1. to remove the dirt from something
- 2. to remove the dirt and dust in a house or other building
- 3. to remove the inside parts of an animal, bird, or fish before cooking it
- 1. not dirty
- 2. not guilty of anything illegal or wrong
clean shapes, lines, or movements are smooth, regular, or neat
clean smells, tastes, and colors are light and fresh
a clean piece of paper does not have anything written on it
Examples (1-5 of 235)
Clean the basin after using it, I don't want to do it for you again.
Tuscany is a place known for its natural beauties, clean air and tranquility.
If you put a pan into soapy water while it's still hot, it's pretty easy to clean.
It will take just a little while to clean the car.
The area has no modern roads, electricity, or clean drinking water.
Subscribe to the Ezine
Got an idea?
Your Vocab List
Click on a word and see its
page to automatically store
it in your vocab list
- Follow nciku on