Examples (1-20 of 28200)
- Some institutions are going to launch a new scheme to encourage more youngsters from poorer backgrounds to go on to college.
- 一些机构准备计划一个新项目,以此鼓励更多来自贫困家庭的年轻人进大学深造。
→ background
- to come to a head/to be brought to a head
- [situation+] 到了紧要关头
→ head
- to tear sth to pieces {or} to bits {or} to shreds
- [+paper, letter, clothes] 把某物撕成片{或}小块{或}条
→ tear
- to trust a child to go to the store
- 放手让孩子去商店买东西
→ trust
- He went to her house to try to talk her round.
- 他去她房里找她,试图把她说服。
- It would be to his advantage to accept that job. It's a great chance to become someone.
- 接受那份工作会对他有好处,这是成为一个大人物的好机会。
→ advantage
- You don't have to apologize, it can happen to anybody to be late.
- 你没有必要道歉,任何人都有可能迟到。
- It appears to me that you don't want to come to the party, isn't it?
- 我感觉你似乎不想来参加宴会,是吗?
→ appear
- I regret to inform you that due to the late arrival of my flight, I won't be able to join the meeting.
- 很抱歉通知您,因航班延误,我将无法参加会议。
→ arrival
- Tomorrow I want to go to the balloon festival, do you want to come with me?
- 明天我想去参加热气球节,你要和我一起去吗?
→ balloon
- It's too hard to find him, it's better to return to the base.
- 他太难找了,最好还是回总部吧。
→ base
- I don't need to pay to go inside because I belong to this club.
- 因为我是这家俱乐部的成员,所以可以免费进入。
→ belong
- He's unable to come to the meeting today due to health problems.
- 因为身体不适,他不能出席今天的会议了。
→ able
- Come to my office before you leave. I need to talk to you.
- 走之前到我办公室来一下。我有话跟你说。
- It is possible to walk upwards on the path to the cliffs or head straight to the sea from here.
- 可以沿着这条小路向上走到达悬崖,或者从这儿直接走到海边。
- We're planning to use our snow blower just to clear a path to the front door.
- 我们打算用吹雪机在正门清理出条路来。
→ path
- We call out for the need to strengthen democracy and to not close the path to liberty.
- 我们迫切需要巩固民主制度,不能关上通向自由之路。
→ path
- We will try to persuade her to come to the party.
- 我们会尽力说服她来参加派对。
→ persuade
- One of our favorite things to do as children was to roll snowballs down hills to see how much speed they could pick up.
- 我们小时候最喜欢做的事情就是滚雪球下山,并看它能滚多快。
→ roll
- If you want to get anywhere in this company, you need to learn how to roll with the punches.
- 如果你想在这个公司赢得一席之地,就要学会如何应对困难。
→ roll
Content partners

