English to Chinese Dictionary (1-2 of 2)
Trygve Lie 特里格夫·赖伊（1896－1968），挪威政治家，曾任联合国第一任秘书长
Jonas Lie 约纳士·李（1880-1940），美国画家
Chinese to English Dictionary (1-5 of 234)
lie; recline; to lie down
be located; be situated; lie
lie; fib; falsehood; fairy tale
be (in a certain condition)
be located in
Macmillan Dictionary - Simpler Definitions (1-2 of 2)
- something that you say or write that is not true and that you know is not true
- 1. to be in a position in which your body is flat on a surface such as the floor or a bed
- 2. to be on a particular surface or in a particular place
- 3. to be in a particular position in a competition
- 4. used for talking about things such as plans, ideas, and qualities and what they consist of
if something lies in a particular state, it is in that state
if your interest lies in a particular subject, you are interested in it
- 7. to deliberately say something that is not true
Examples (1-5 of 104)
I'm so tired. All I'm dreaming of is a bed I can lie across.
During the spring, I love to lie on the grass.
Women often lie about their age.
The kid told a lie when he said he didn't eat the cake.
She wasn't very convinced about the nice distinction between a lie and the untruth.
Got an idea?
Your Vocab List
Click on a word and see its
page to automatically store
it in your vocab list
- Follow nciku on